Wednesday 7 August 2013

waking up in a puddle...

The baby slept through the night and only woke up at 5 to breastfeed. After playing with the source of enjoyment for a while she fell asleep upside down with a nipple in her teeth and her limbs spread out in a star shape... I woke up from being wet. We ended up in a huge puddle of breast milk. Alissa managed to get some in her eyes and on her hair.... And she wanted more as she opened her eyes :) Reminded me of the first 4 months when that was our daily routine.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who breastfeeds after a year...
My son was on the breast until 2 years, I'm planning at least the same for my daughter.
She is 20 months now and we are both enjoying it :)
Is it inconvenient? Probably. Am I tired? Yes. Does she benefit from it still? I believe so. If not nutritionally, then definitely emotionally. Plus she practically don't get sick. That counts for a lot in my books.
On top of that it's the ultimate treat she ever gets at this age. You can give her a toy, play with her, sing to her - it's all temporary and shallow enjoyment. The breast gives her security, warmth, attachment, bliss. You can see it in her eyes that she is so grateful for it.

So, I listen to the good advisors, nod, smile and keep doing my thing. I trust my intuition on this one.   

No comments:

Post a Comment